Fishing license Södra Marsund
When fishing in Åland, applying Catch and Release is a recommendation. The basic rule is that you should not bring home more fish than you intend to eat. In addition, if the fish does not reach the minimum dimensions, you are obliged to release it back into the sea. Sometimes the hook can seriously injure the fish. Then you should scotch it as soon as possible.
General rules for sport fishing in Åland
• Avoid damaging the nature and the environment.
• Become aware of current regulations on closed seasons, closed areas, minimum dimensions and fragile nature. Respect these.
• Never fish without permits and fishing licenses.
• Use the methods and hooks that give the fish the best possible prospect of survival if/when they are released back.
• Immediately scotch fish you intended to keep.
• Never catch more fish than you can consume yourself.
• Carry out sport fishing with regard to the needs and equipment of professional fishing and traditional household fishing.
During the period 15 April to 15 June each year, sport fishing from land is prohibited, for the sake of nesting seabirds. In Åland, the following closed seasons also apply: crayfish 01/9 – 20/7 at 20.00, pike-perch 1/6 – 30/6. During the closure period, it is forbidden to fish, keep in stock, transport, sell, buy or serve protected fish or crayfish in return for payment.
Perch 20 cm. 10/day/person (Fish under 20 cm are not considered to have any food value, which is why they should be re-released.)
Bream 42 cm
Pike 55 cm 1/day/person
Pike-perch 37 cm 1/day/person
Sea trout 50 cm 1/day/person
Salmon 60 cm
White fish 35 cm
Crayfish: minimum 10 cm (forehead tag-tail middle tab)
See map for each area
Read more about the fishing rules in Åland at https://visitaland.com/en/experience/outdoor/amazing-sport-fishing/great-sport-fishing-in-aland/